Friday, December 22, 2006

Going Greek

Heh, no I'm not joining a fraternity.

I'm FINALLY getting off my superhero kick. I still love to create superhero works of art, but I think it's about time they took a hike for a while. I needed something fresh and fun, and (after putting the sketchbook and tablet away for a while) I decided to do some reading.

On a side note, I read the book Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz in less than a day this week . . . I highly recommend this book to anyone who's into supernatural thrillers. Very good.

However, also on my list of reading was some mythology. The Iliad to be specific. So this has had me in a somewhat creative mood for the last couple of days. Well, I thought to myself: "self . . . maybe you should do some mythological creatures."

Hmmmmm . . . that's not a bad idea.

So anyway, here is the pencil sketch for the first of my mythological creatures artwork: The Minotaur.




















I'm having fun with this one. I'm also taking my time. The flatting portion of coloring (which is only the first third) is about half done. So I'm about one sixth of the way done with coloring this image (if you wanna be technical).

I'll post the finished product when it's done.

In other news: I love my new job, Merry Christmas, and Unbreakable is M. Night Shyamalan's most overlooked movie (just watched it again tonight . . . BRILLIANT!!).

No comments: